Quote:

Can`t see the trans angle but the diff goes up past 0 under load. Put it back in the air, measure trans angle, figure what shims needed to get 5 down and go from there.

When you say "0", what do you mean?

Like inline with the drive shaft?

What I have measured is what I posted previously

Sitting on a flat, level lift with a full tank and a trunk full of junk, I got these readings...

-1* on the output shaft (output shaft pointing down toward rear of car)
-1* on the drive shaft (drive shaft pointing down towards rear of car)
+2* on the pinion (pinion nose down towards front of car)

Taking the drive shaft measurement out of the equation and just focusing on the output shaft and pinion, I'm looking at a 3* difference.

So I take it this means that I have 3* nose down?

From the charts I've read, the suggested setting for a leaf sprung car is 5* for a street car and 7* nose down for a track car.

So lets just say for the sake of argument that since my car is both street and strip, I go for 6* nose down by adding 3* shims (am I on the right track here?)

Even with those shims, the pinion would still have to rise above the center line of the drive shaft in order to be parallel with the output shaft of the tranny

Like the bottom diagram in this image...

On a side note, my car has a rather level low stance and isn't jacked up in the rear, which would likely make a difference in how the pinion lines up with the output shaft on a parallel plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcenVVInpms