Quote:

Yeah it goes against the Mopar chassis book I know. If your tailshaft is pointing down,they almost always are, in order to make the pinion parallel it will need to be nose up when loaded. When you set it how a driveshaft is supposed to be set with opposing angles at each end it almost always will not look like the diagram in the chassis book unless you're running SS springs. Like Cass said its all about the pinion in relation to the transmission not the pinion in relation to the driveshaft. My car is low and the driveshaft angles upward out of the trans although it still angles down in relation to the ground and my pinion angle is .8 degree nose UP at rest and should be about 3 degrees nose up under load which would put it parallel with the trans. ..... http://www.rosslertrans.com/Pinion%20Angle.htm

This is bad info right here...........sorry but watch a vid of a leaf spring car an see how much the housing rotates UP not down. We`re not talkin 4x4`s here..........even on c-tracs, mine`s between 4-5 nose down from output shaft on trans and even read on the bullet where some really fast cars even go 7+ and have zero issues. That roadrunner vid`s NOT good...............

Last edited by Thumperdart; 02/18/14 10:45 PM.