Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all your valuable input.
Here's some more information from the setup.

- Before the first run that Demon carb was disassembled, cleaned and checked for all possible manufacturing faults.
- Primary jets are #80 and secondaries #86.
- Correct fuel level checked and adjusted
- Max fuel pressure set at 6 psi with Holley regulator
- A/F ratio is measured by an old A/F meter and lambda sensor is placed on the left header collector.
However I have now a strong assumption that either the A/F meter or sensor is out of order, or the meter is not acting fast enough for quick A/F ratio changes if the carb is running out of fuel at WOT.
- Vibration damper is a new fluid damper, and TDC is checked
- Valve spring coil bind was checked during the head assembly
- Cam was degreed, checked today my memorandum of this rebuild and set it at 106 deg. Cam gear was straight up, not 110 deg like Lunati announces when straight up.
- Rotating parts, crank, rods, pistons professionally precision balanced.
- Fuel line, I am a little bit shamed to make a confession, but it's factory original
- Fuel pump, the high volume Carter M6903, is also relatively old. If I recall correctly it's from the beginning of the 90's and it was unused for many years before taking into service again.

Based on your feedback I'll concentrate on the fuel issue and at least the following improvements will be done:

- New 3/8" fuel line
- Fuel pick-up/sending unit sock, checked and replaced if needed or in any doubt of it
- Lifter preload adjusted, 3/8 to 1/2 turns, depending on if it starts making noise with less preload.
- Will test also .006 reluctor cap

What do you think this engine combination might be capable at 1/4 mile if it's pulling like it should?

My target is a low 12 or preferrably .01 under