Quote:

I hate to tell you that the M/T ET Street radials don't work worth a hoot on a bad track, the regular ET streets do a lot better I have both types for my car, I run the radials on the good tracks, 1.39 60 fts and the bias plys on the bad tracks, 1.43 60 ft on the same track, same day. The radials won't run 1.60 on a bad track where the bias will run 1.49 to 1.52 Does the motor hit the same RPM limits in all gears or just high gear ? If in high gear only look at the fuel system, if the same in all gears look at the ignition sytem or tach Good luck on getting that rat motor rascal Put the hammer to him

Practically it's nearly the same in all gears, about 5500 rpm and hits like wall. Almost like there would be a rev limiter somewhere ...
But if it's being rev'd in neutral, it takes in the twinkling of an eye over 6500 rpm

Have tested an other ECU, coil, ballast, dist, triple checked the wiring of all ign components, everything EXCEPT the tach.
It's a replacement Tic-Toc-Tachometer from Y1. Used a Sun tach to compare the reading of it when installed, and there was non to mention.

Could it really be so easy solution that the tach would cause the rpm problem?
In theory the answer is yes, but how about in practice, has anyone had such a problem caused by the tach?

However, it will be easy to disconnect that Tic-Toc-Tachometer from the coil