Quote:

well you are losing at least 4 tenths at the 60 foot mark. You should be around the 1.65 60 foot. Now on to the rpm problem...I'd think if you had a fuel problem it would be ok thru 1st and maybe 2nd. From my experience when you have a poo poo pump it's at 3/4 track when you find out. Are you running it w/ an air cleaner assembly? If so remove it and run just the base plate. I'd think with that MPh you should be real low into the 12's and if you can pick up 2-3 mph maybe high 11's.

The track was very slippery like all those old airfield tracks we have here around. They don't have even close to that traction you have with dedicated and prepped race tracks. That's one reason why I like running the cams in the straight up position or slightly retarded. Advancing the cam will only add low end torque and possibly even worsen the traction problems. I might be also testing a taller gear ratio like 3.55 after solving first this rpm problem. On a slippery track it's really difficult to have a good launch and hook hard.

After this rpm problem is history, I assume it will pick up some mph's, because it was almost 200ft before going through the lights when it hit like a wall. At the moment I can only imagine what the ET would had been, IF would had driven on a prepped track and without that rpm problem.

Was running it w/ an air cleaner assembly like this http://www.knfilters.com/images/l/66-3000.jpg