Quote:

Well i'm on the road but i've got my boy doing some tech savey stuff to get this stuff online now. Maybe you can all amuse me on the last 9hrs of our drive home.

First off huge thanks to Goodwin Competition!! Great to work with and when I went to their shop I was treated beyond nice!! It was like the whole shop knew who I was already and was excited to see me off with my "new" engine.

So here is a little more exact info on the engine.

643ci
5inch Donovon custom water block.
5 inch pro mod heads. Custom by Goodwin.
2 Quick Fuel Carbs,
HRE custom intake
60 mm cam. over inch lift.
Isky EZ roll .937 keyed lifters.
Diamond pistons. 4.768 Bore
Bryant billet crank 4.5 stroke.
R&R 5 stage dry sump
Moroso 4 vane Pro mod vacuum pump.

Todd Goodwin set this engine up far from "set to kill". He set the cam and timing so I can go a complete season without changing valve springs and the engine is far from the edge.

He was pretty confident this engine the way its set up now will compete well against anything out there unless I go up against one of the newest 70k+$ engines.

Here is one of the dyno sheets I "can" show you.

I can also tell you by bumping up the timing 3 degrees (to 33) the engine perks up 30hp.

Also if I feel the need for more power there is a cam waiting for me which is closer to what his newest Hemi's run. This would put the engine "set to kill" and bring the hp up past the 1500hp mark. In doing that though valve springs would have to be changed every 10-12 runs SO for my first season with a beast like this i'm happy right where it is!!!!

This sheet was done on a DTS dyno.

So I have a question out of pure curiosity. Can this engine here hang with the comparable stuff from Sonny's and Fulton in a drag racing application?

It seems like no one ever wanted to mess with these engines since there introduction. I would have thought there would be a ton of potential there considering what the 4.9BS engines have done in Pro Stock.

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III