Diablo one major factor in valvespring life is engine RPM. At 8000 I would expect longer valvespring life as well. The valvetrain is what is most sensitve to RPM. Note my little engine is 800 rpm higher than yours at peak numbers. I shift it at 9300 and go through the traps at 9500.

To be honest we are at 6 passes on the current springs. However the previous spring only lasted for 6 passes before they went away. We switched to a new spring with a bit more installed pressure at 490 on the seat. So far they still have the same installed pressures as they did new so I am just specualting on lifespan. We check spring pressure after every pass as well as lash. With the new springs lash has also been rock solid and has not changed. I would be thrilled with 10-12, ecstatic if we got to 20, bit not thinking that is going to happen at all. The last set were dead at 6 passes, or one race. Only time will tell, but should know after or at the next event what thier lifespan is.

Been thinking if I keep it to just run it at a lower RPM. But it sure sounds cool at 9000+ Maybe swtiching converters and see what it does. We also have a different camshaft for the car with less lift, but from what I have seen and heard with these heads they are going to want RPM to make power period. The smaller cam is under .900" lift. Yours is the third big one I have seen. You are making power at a bit lower RPM than the other one I know of. I also know of a few in the 550" range and they are making power in the same place as me, just a bit more of it. So IMO these engines are not going to be very valvespring happy period. But like you I am a relative newbie with these things and there is not a lot of info out there so we can both be guinea pigs of sorts.

Todd we are still trying to figure this deal out. The car is heavy(3330)and on a true 10.5" tire with a ladder bar. So we cannot put all the power to the ground, YET. On the last two passes we had 10 degrees of timing out of it for 1.25 seconds to get it moving. Also still trying to get the fuel curve happy, and just added the O2's to help there. My best 60' in the car is 1.299. We have had a best ET of 8.42 and MPH right at 164 so far. We have also been faster and quicker on every pass with the car, with the exception of round one at SCSN where we ran just a tad slower than last qualifier after making a timing change. Still trying to get a handle on this 7531 stuff as well as the racepak data. We are learning, just my son and I and this stuff is all new to us. But we will go faster/quicker. Those numbers were at 3500-3600' DA.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"