Yes, LOL. It doesn't prove anything.
However here ARE the facts that ARE known. I bought this Bee in Sept 1981 from the 2nd owner. He did SQUAT to the car other then trash the engine by pouring gas down the carb to get it started cause he was a dumba$$ and didn't know how to work on cars. The story from him is that he bought it in '73 from the original owner (some guy named Rudy who lived in Harrisburg PA (where the 2nd owner lived) When the owner that I bought it from seized the engine up, it SAT next to his house in Pennbrook PA from Dec 1975 until Sept 1981 when I picked it up.
After all this discussion about who did what to the car - (that frankly I find very amusing)IE: anywhere from someone changing the hood- DUH,to changing the fenders from a wreck- could be but, I'm not buying that notion- I pulled the nose off just for something to do when I was 16 ( I was intrigued as to how the bumpers came off) The fenders bolts still had paint on them- no sign of being removed (paint cracks/missing paint on bolts). to putting the emblems on at the dealer.. THIS I could see happen. The original and 2nd owner could have mounted the emblems (well, I say 100% unlikely the 2nd owner- you would have to have know him- but that's another story) However, the placement is exactly where they belong on the fenders.
So, at the end of the day where do we stand on this? I stand where I know that I DIDN'T change the fenders or the hood so that rules me out. The prior owner before me didn't have squat to his name or any want to do anything to it so I'm going with a big NO for him changing it. BTW- as a side note - not that this makes any difference, the 2nd owner sold the Bee to me to fix up his 78 Datsun 280Z ... Bad choice but that's ancient history.
Lastly, from the production of the car until the 2nd owner is the mystery. Whatever reason the emblems were placed on the car is the unknown. Another hypothetical is the wrong fenders at the factory?
As for the guy saying something about primer on the hood. That car had ALOT of primer on the hood top of fenders, and lower qtrs after I bought it. It's called repairing rust holes to save the original sheetmetal . I know this clears likely nothing up but as stated in the 1st post, I just wanted to share a cool piece of mopar oddity.
Best to all you guys/gals