That's the problem. A certain lobe may work well in a sb with no offset 1.6 rockers, then put it in a BB with offset rockers and it hurts springs. That's what I've seen.
Comp does a pretty good job of listing their lobes with descriptions that for the most part are accurate but I would always work with an engine builder because they see those lobes work in many different arenas.

Going along with the theme of this thread, I will say that on Turbo apps not needing much cam to make sick power, if you don't plan on turning too much rpm...quick intake lobes work fantastic!

I've been using Comp's new hybrid hyd/solid roller lobes and as along as you plan out the valvetrain they are as good as TK's but more reliable on easier on springs up to a point. They are smaller lobes so if you run them past their happy place you'll know it!
TK's and HiTQ 440 lobes can be run higher than the hybrids but not much so I prefer the hybrids.

I also like NC lobes alot and have used them in many different engines and they always seem to make good HP and TQ without killing springs. They don't mind 1.7/1.8 ratios either.

Brian Hafliger