Quote:

I had a RT lobe grind for awhile. There seems to be mixed opinions on the durability issue with valvetrain parts with the RT lobe. One guy at Comp told me it was OK to use on the street, the consenus among others is that it will be a parts breaker in a street/high mileage ap.....By the specs I would think its fairly gnarly and probably not the easiest on parts. I know Smothers had a RT lobe in a stock appearing Bee that ran very hard...but he said it wasnt useable on the street...due to being a parts beater.

I was told (not by Comp, but somebody way more knowledgeable) the HT 420 lobes are supposed to be easy on parts...

Give Porter a call...He knows the Comp lobes.

I was tempted to run the TK lobes but was steared away because of my intended limited street application.

Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.