Dave,
My car has a Blue/White tracer wire from one of the field wires all the way back thru the bulkhead and up the steering column then it disappears going to the key switch. This is a 70 car with an 8 year old YO wiring harness and the ballast is removed with the MSD swap.

This is interesting, In the MSD kit, they provide a 100v/1a diode in the case of RUN-ON. MSD told me that I do not have run on so this is not my problem. But, if MSD provides a diode for RUN-ON and a diode keeps voltage from going backward thru a circuit, then the main cause of the RUN-ON is due to the box leaking back into the run circuit which is what I believe that I am experiencing.

The only guess that I can come up with on the 14+v on both field wires is the system appears to be "holding" a charge for some reason. The only theory that I have is that the box is leaking back thru the RUN circuit and it stays charged in the system. Once I completely disconnect the battery, then I can put a test light in-between the battery cables and the battery and my test light will light for a second and then slowly die out. Then I can put the battery cables onto the battery without a major spark. If I do not do this with the battery, then when I put the battery cables onto the battery I get a pretty good spark. I started a thread a few weeks ago about the spark at the battery and at that time, the MSD was not a suspect.
If the diode is the fix, this is not a major deal since a proper sized diode comes with the kit. This may not even affect those who run with a newer ammeter and newer digital guages.

Thank you again for your response. I won't know for sure if the diode helps my ammeter/analog voltage gauges until the weather warms up enough to start the car.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)