Quote:

What custom wheel choices are there , or do they all look like 4x4 wheels ?

Can I use wheels off a late model base Dodge van, the ones that are kinda like rally wheels ?

I think I know where I can get a set of those , IIRC they are 16's .. right ?

I know the rims you're talking about, I think they are the steel rims on the 94-01 1500's as well. To get those to work, your need to machine the center register from 3" to 3.5". Any machine shop with a lathe with at least a 16" swing could do it and it shouldn't be to much $ wise. I had an 89 shortbox that I put a set on and that's what I had to do. They fit great on the front but on the back they get really close to the box, I guess they have less offset that the stock 15" rims. I had 245/75/16 tires and they cleared by about 3/4", if I cornered to hard they would rub, not enough to do any damage to the tire or even hear or notice when you're driving but you could see it. with a low profile tire, you would have even more clearance and probably be fine.

As for aftermarket rims, there should be a ton, as the late 60's to 96 Ford half tons had the same bolt pattern and the same 3.5" center register. There seems to be no shortage of aftermarket rims on those things.

And just to clarify, what exactly changed on the 81-84 rotors? Is it just the machined diameter on the inside of the rotor where the bearing race presses into?