Quote:

Quote:

Funny how the little "single" chamber Flowmaster wasn't on that list, just the two and three chambers.

Here's what the single chamber FM looks like on the inside - looks like the exhaust instantly hits a wall upon arrival into the muffler. This causes a huge backlash, which is NOT good. I'd rather run a longer one! We tested 2 & 3 chamber, & Delta Flow FM's when I worked at Dynomax. The 2.5" AND 3" of these series FM's had flow rates of right around 350 sCFM. This translates into 318 loss-free HP with a dual exhaust setup. The Super Turbo 17748 (2.5" x 20" Hemi Super Turbo) has a flow rate of 415 sCFM, which = 378 loss-free HP dual exhaust. A straight-through stainless 2.5" Ultra Flow (#17289 offset/center) has a flow rate of 955 sCFM, which allows 868 loss-free HP on dual exhaust. This is the best flowing 2.5" x 20" oval, offset/center muffler on the market, bar none. The deflector setups inside the Flowmaster mufflers are horrible for flow - they totally kill the flow velocity of the exhaust. Buy them for sound, but not performance.

BTW, a Dynomax 3" x 20" offset/center oval Super Turbo #17769 flows 551 sCFM, which provides 500 loss-free HP on a dual exhaust. A 3" Welded Ultra Flow (20" body, offset/center) #17233 flows 1800 sCFM thus providing 1636 loss-free HP. You can decide from here!

Yeah, that's what the center in / dual out looks like, but what about the center in / center out? My car had the huge three chambers on it when I bought it. I recently switched to the little single chambers for two reasons. #1, I wanted to see if I'd pick up at the track, and #2, I wanted the car to be as loud and obnoxious as possible, but not run cut-outs. I picked up .02 and 1 mph at the track and yes, the car is crazy loud and 100% totally obnoxious. Simply out of curiosity, I think I'm going to buy a set of these hopefullyflows that everybody here is in love with and see if they actually make any difference at the track without any other changes to the car. Now THAT would be a real world test.