Yeah, I believe the Accurate Hemi mufflers are 3-tubes. They won't have the patented Super Turbo flow directors (bank turns) so that will slow things down internally. I've never looked inside an Accurate muffler to note the dia. of the flow tubes. If they neck-down like OE mufflers, that will also affect the flow quite a bit. Tom is on-target with his comments.

I'm guessing the Accurate Hemi mufflers will flow around 300-350 sCFM if tested the same way the Dynomax mufflers are tested.

To put into perspective, I brought in an NOS AAR/T/A muffler one day when I worked for Tenneco (mufflers for my AAR) & we flow tested it. It had a flow rate of 175 sCFM (BAD!). Then our head engineer designed a couple & our prototype dept. built them (stainless too). They did not have any flow directors on-hand when they built them, but they were built with larger cores. The ones they built had flow rates of 375 sCFM - a HUGE improvement. I tried to get these into production but to no avail............ I don't have my car close to running yet, so I don't know what they sound like. I can't wait though.

Last edited by Sunroofcuda; 12/08/11 01:45 AM.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified