Quote:

What is the general thoughts on this ?

You're not together yet & on iron OE heads I'd mill the heads' intake faces till the intake/head port interface is dead on w the thickness of intake gasket you plan to run so the intake is not married to that eng. But since the heads and the intake are special high dollar alum items if they are flat I would not mill them & I'd get custom thickness Cometic intakets to achieve perfect alignment so these high dollar pieces stay unmolested. No opinion on if should try it w the 6 pack, I prob would & get everything dead on & if it wouldn't fire off immed then I'd swap the intake/carb & regoop the cam at the same time. Do ya feel lucky? well do ya I'd have all the prep spot on. fuel delievery/spark working/timing ~10, 15 if wild cam/stat out/(3) helpers/shop fan/front jacked up (air pockets)/rear wheels just off ground & start in drive to load it/ read "breakin secrets" at www.mototuneusa.com. You in drivers seat to monitor gauges/shout orders. Any issues/leaks shut it down clean/immediately/fix it & restart to 2500rpm. 1 helper adds trans fluid 1 helper turns dist to get 36 total (vac adv plugged) 1 helper checks for leaks up top 1 helper checks for leaks underneath

Last edited by RapidRobert; 11/24/11 11:19 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth