Quote:

I was figuring in the .o12" off the block that gave me .072 total off the deck and heads.Multiply that by .012 = .o86" needs to come off the intake .
But is that going to work with just a vally pan gasket?
I did this on a 383 and used the felpro intake gaskets on both sides and the vally pan gasket . we wacked the intake .090 " not sure if i should of .Still don't think it is right because the intake might of went on with just the tin pan. At the time i was new to mopar engines and thought i had to use the paper gaskets because they came with the intake set .
Is there way to get an impression of where the intake sitts with grease and paper or cardboard ?

I didn't do the math to check you. As far as the valley pan , if you want it to sit right you have to cut the valley end rails also though some people just force it into place. The same ratio is used on the end rails , .012 for every .010 off the block so at minimum the end rails should have .0144 , you need to decide about the heads cut amount if you want to do that.

I like to use the paper gaskets , helps insulate the intake from the rest of the engine heat wise and helps to seal the intake.

realize if you don't cut the heads and instead cut the intake that it is forever married to that block head combination. it may or may not , may not is more likely, fit on any other engine.