Quote:

You know, these Mr Gasket gaskets don't line up well at all with the ports. Their port openinga are too large. There is very little coverage at all at the Tops of the ports.

When talking "no gasket", is it generally agreed that I should use a "a little" copper RTV applied to the manifold prior to bolting up?

and I am assuming that Headpipe to manifold gasket(s) are required. I don't go "no gasket here, do I?

I have found that most of the brands of copper header flange gaskets do not line up with the ports, most of them have holes that are too big - this is a problem with a small-primary header, but should not be as big a deal with a manifold. Can't comment on fiber gaskets, haven't used any for 15 years but OEM-sized gaskets should be OK?

I have had good luck installign manifolds with no gaskets or RTV. I'd say the copper RTV is optional, if you have some on-hand give it a try, you've already had the manifold off so it's a 20-min job to R&R it. If you still have a leak give the RTV a try.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.