I started building my 1971 Duster BB stroker (400 block, 4.300 stroke with 4.375 bore, 518 C.I. pump gas motor ) to race the black guys(street racers or who ever would race, not just the black guys ) in East L.A., Watts and Compton in 1999, I didn't get it done(health reasons) until the summer of 2005 after I moved to central Oregon It is fully legal for NHRA drag racing to 10.00 flat, it went 9.993 the last time out so I need to slow it down if I want to race it again, no big deal I know how to slow them down, it is called raising the right foot before the finish line or put weight in the trunk or lots of other ways to slow it down a tiny bit The car has ladder bars with coil over rear suspension with a diagonal link, stock gas tank, stock 1974 K memeber and standard steering, complete 1974 Duster front suspenion and disc brakes, 6 cylinder torsion bars, radio and heater, extra insulation under the carpet and on the firewall and above the headliner, no back seat.Stock 1973 Duster front bucket seats, they are 8 lbs each lighter than the 1971 are NHRA legal Chrome moly roll bar, sub frame connectors, full after market steel wheel tubs to the stock subframes,I had the rear wheel wells stretched five inches, three inches forward and two inches back from the stock location (center) The rear end is moved forward one inch to keep it looking stock, the motor is moved back a inch also I drive it a little up here in the summer, never during bad weather I have ran several different tire combination on it, M/T ET Street bias ply and the same size M/T ET Street Radials, 315x60x15 on ten inch wide rims and a set of Goodyear slicks, 12x29x15 as well as a set of M/T 10.5x31.25x15 W drag slicks. It is a ball to drive Sets you way back in the seat I have to be real careful on the street as it will bust the rear tires loose in any gear above a slight roll if I slam the throttle open all the way If I roll into it slowly in 2nd or 3rd gear it will stay hook up, usually I have had several different converters in it, 8 inch, 9 inch and a ten inch. and several different rear gear ratio in it, 3.73, 3.91, 4.10 and 4.30 in the 8 3/4 housing before I bent it up bad enough to have to replace it from to much torque It has a Dana 60 out of a 3/4 ton Ford pick up cut down in it now 4.10 gears with a Strange Engr. spool and Strange Engr.35 spline axles Stock A body 8 3/4 complete rear brakes. I have a three inch exhaust on it from the fenderwell headers back to the rear bumper, the mufflers are three inchx14x7 oval Magnaflows mounted at the rear bumper Not loud until full throttle I have removed them(complete exhaust sytem, pipes and mufflers) at the local 1/8 mile track and the car picked up .04 ET and .25 MPH, really not worth removing them I do have a fibreglas hood and front bumper, I put a three speed wndshield wiper motor and switch to keep it legal in CA. I originally had a six pak on it and needed the three speed windshield wiper motor (They mount siedways to the firewall, not straight out like the two speeds motor do ) to clear the six pak air cleaner I have had to remove the heater when I put two differnt 440 motors in the car, I build Mopar (only)hi po motors for fun and extra income and test them in my car, the 440 rocker arm covers won't clear the stock heater motor I hope this helps EDITED, Boy did I get treed Front tires and rims are 3.5 Bodarts and 165SR15 VW tires, ten or 12 inch Bodarts on the rear with whatever tire is on them I also forgot to attach the picture

6891061-MVC-054S.JPG (454 downloads)
Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/27/11 03:44 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)