It seems like it is almost harder to build a street/strip car than a strip only car or a street only car because of the compromises involved in trying to do both.

I'd be interested in hearing about people's street/strip combos. Cars that actually see some regular street usuage, not race cars that have somehow been registered but don't really get driven much on the street.

How often are you driving it?

What's your combo in terms of motor, heads, cam, exhuast, stall speed, gears?

What are you running for rear tires? Regular radials, drag radials, DOT slicks? Non-dot slicks?

What are you running for front wheels and tires? How many are running 3.5" aluminum wheels with front runners?

Full interior?

Parts stripped off (wiper motors, radios, heater boxes)?

Manual steering or power?

Any issues that have come up?

I just got my '67 Satellite running after swapping out the original 318 for a pretty mild 440 with about 9.75 compression, 238 @ .050 Engle hydrualic cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM, 850 Holley DP with choke horn milled off, Hooker 1 and 7/8" headers, full 2.5" mandrel-bent exhuast with crossover, Dynamic 9.5" 4200 stall converter, big trans cooler, deep pan, 3.91 suregrip, 255-60-15 radials on cop rims, full interior, no heater box, no radio (yet), manual steering, manual disk brakes.

I only have a couple hundred miles on it so far but it seems pretty civilized to drive around. It's not very loud, idles at 700 rpm in gear, handles decent, lack of power steering is not a big deal at all, starts right up without a choke (just pump it a couple times). It makes me wonder why they bother selling performance carbs with chokes. Who is actually going to driving their musclecar or hot rod in the winter or cold weather? Cooling system usually never gets past 180 degrees.

I drive it a few times a week around town to do errands after work and on the weekends.

The only issues so far seem to be the poor-fitting Hooker headers rattling up against things when I'm at a stop light, and the combo of stall speed and shift kit seem to make it not want to shift from second to third until about 4,000 rpm. I've been messing around with the kickdown linkage but I probably should have just gone with a manual valve body.