Quote:

I got there alittle late Friday (12:45PM), after having to put a starter on the tow truck at the 70/37 truck stop. Was trying to find a place to park,,went down an open lane in the pits trying to find a place to set up the rig,,,there was a yellow plastic strip tied around a trash drum to prevent me from driving straight on through the obviously open lane. I had my helper temporarialy move the trash can so I didn't have to try to back the truck/trailer 60-80 yards back between everyone else's trailers...as soon as he started moving the barrel, CB came flying up in a golf cart and proceeded to give us all a belittling, cussing, rampage as to how I shouldn't be driving if I couldn't back the rig out of there. I tried to explain we were just trying to find a place to pit and didn't realize the road was a "dead end". Ended up parking in a nice, wet, muddy, grassy area. On Sunday, I was told by some of the others, that we got a "goodie" bag for entering. I went to the event trailer to inquire about it. As it would go for me,,CB was the one I talked to. I asked him about it, and he asked if I pre-entered. I replied "no I paid at the gate",,he replys with "you don't get nothing" and turned and walked off. I had gone to Columbus to the swap meet in Feb just to get my 'hallowed' MCG subscription and talk with them about the series and see if there was any thing I needed to do to sign up for the entire series. As I have said, I was looking forward to the traveling series and wanted to do things right by it. Turns out, the series looked better when I went to Columbus last year to spectate and see how it was run. Evidently, new people, new cars, and new money don't mean anything to him. Rant over for now.

I remember you telling me about the run in with CB and could tell you were upset (to say the least) about it,,I sometime's think CB is his own worse enemy, I just don't think he has the aptitude or attitude to deal with the public,,and yes Butch it just isn't as much fun as it used to be, kind of like a relationship going sour.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.