Quote:

My motor starving for oil.
The book "How to build SB engines says that the pick up tube is too small.
Will two pick up tubes work.

lets hear all your views, Please
Thanks

This is the original post just in case all the hot heads missed this.

We have all went through our experiences simply to point out some mistakes we have made or seen. Not to undermind but, to try and point out the obvious.

My thoughts are two seperate pickups are not effective if you have oil starvation for more than a couple seconds. The reason is air is easier to pull than oil. If you dry one pickup tube up then the pump is going to pull air until oil covers the pickup again.

If you really feel you have a limited pickup. How about blocking off the stock port. Then make up a new one in the pump cap that is larger but stick with a single pickup. A swinger is probably the best deal becuase it is a single pickup but should swing back and fourth during acceleration and braking.

I know you are tired of hearing this but the best advise has already been given. A larger pan with baffles. I have noticed Kevco makes a large pan. Moroso makes a 360 only rear sump 8 quart. I have a couple custom aluminum pans for sale with scraper screens and baffles. This is probably the most proven method for drag race applications.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.