Quote:

Real good #'s with such little port work

315cc's and [Email]416@800[/Email] nice.. some in here said that a M/C head will only go 420cfm...

nice work brian .Thanks .let us know more as you go along..
true #'s

To me, the most impressive # is the .400 #. It's very hard to keep that # high, and still keep the port pulling. Usually I have give up some mid lift for high lift but I've learned a few things so they seem to be working for my porting syle.

Another thing I like to point out, is the exhaust port could be made alot bigger, especially at the bowl/roof transition, and it would flow more...but I like smaller high flowing high air speed ports for the ex. I also flowed it at 42" to see how it responds and it did very well with the pipe.
The ex. port from the flange to the guide boss is almost the exact same size as it was OOTB.
If we were going for more rpm, or max effort, or nos then the ex. port would have been bigger for sure.

Oh, and even though it looks like not very much work, it was alot of grinding to get them to the finished size and shape. The initial work was not too bad at all, very simple stuff...but the finished port got quite a bit bigger. I'd guess that the port cc after the initial port work was around 295-300cc.
There's a little more grinding on the 315cc port than a typical Indy-1 port job.
But it's worth it for sure!!
Brian