Quote:

Hey Brian is there a speed you like to see at the different CFM levels and is that speed linear. Nice work.

Jesse

It all depends on application. If your trying to speed the air up to compensate for something, like low compression then you do what you can to speed it up. I like to make the port as fast as possible, then slowly work on controling the air speed at the lifts that are important for the build.
This build, being a 540 peaking at 7000rpm, will need the air slowed alot more, and will need more cross section. But I wanted to show people that these heads that everyone says are slow and lazy are not...unless they are ported to be slow and lazy. Every person I've talked to about B1's has the notion that they need to be fully ported and have at least 500cid to use them....NONSENSE!
Infact, these heads can be used in quite a wide area from pump gas low compression engines, to smallish engines like 440's and also work good on 540's and up.
I just wanted people to see them up close, and personal and see what happens if you know how to make them work.
I'll post more pics and info after they are done for this project, so you can see the different stages.
Alot of guys chase that almighty flow # with these heads, and I'll bet the majority of these B1's floating around out there are over ported and under achievers. I'm not trying to start a wrestling match with anyone, so don't go there...I'm not claiming to be the guru of B1's, just trying to prove my point that these heads don't need a ton of work to make them perform.
Plus I think there are alot of tall tales and bad rumors about B1's and how they are very involved and super expensive. Well, they aren't cheap, but they will make more HP than 90% of the BB mopar heads out there so...you get what you pay for. Damn, I'm not even a dealer for B1's...
I will also show the steps needed to make these heads work, like the oil drains and pushrod clearancing that anyone with a die grinder and a bit can do.
Unless your name is Rob... No grinder for you Rob
LMAO

Brian Hafliger