Quote:

I tried the ss spring front hanger with the mono springs and it didnt work I have the right ones that measure 22 not 20 i have no idea what the problem is all I know is that the only way it all works is to have the dowl on the spring go on the front hole of the spring pad on the dana.

I'm wondering if THATS not how it was set up BEFORE you took it apart. I mean, are you sure it was in the center hole to begin with? Not suggesting you're a dummie, but with cars changing hands over the years and diff stuff being swapped out it wouldnt be the first time you didnt have what you thought. People will do this to accomodate diff driveshaft lengths. Look at your old springs and see if there is an outline of where the perches were sitting and just see if they were centered before. Just a thought, cant imagine how it would be so far off.

As for pinion angle, it may affect it a small amount, but, going from a heavily arched spring (like the ss) to the much flatter mono can change it quite a bit anyway. Can you get sideview pix with the SS and the mono to put up here? That may help to see it. One thing that can come into play here is a lot of times going from a ss to a mono will lower the body which will bring the tire closer to the wheel lip. The wheel on my Dad's Volare looked centered til we did the Clavert deal, which lowered it quite a bit and brought the tire much closer to the lip. Same deal on my buddies 68 Cuda. Had to trim the lip a bit for clearance.