From Monday:
Quote:

... You also might not like the lowered front spring hangers. If so, just put you old ones back on. Your choice. Sort of depends on rear tire size....

The only thing that changed was initial ride height. If she bottomed out the car with the old leaf springs and shackle she should have rubbed too. Are there marks on the tires that show previous rubbing?

If you put the old front hangers on it will gain you 1" or so upward rear ride height.

You should have no less than 4.5 backspacing with a 15x8 rim. The blue Challenger above is 245/60/15 rear tires and IIRC, 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing. I forget if you need offset shackles to run 5.0" backspacing?

What are the specs of the rear rims she has on there now?

Quote:

Hotchkis
Maybe you can help me out here. I just got a call from my friend who's putting the E-body complete kit in her '71 Challenger R/T. She has a problem. Apparently the body, in space, is lowered a few inches. Now she's having issues with the 275/60R/15's she has in the rear, they are now rubbing against the outer wheel well/opening. I don't know what the rim with is (I'm assuming 8") nor do I know the negative offset. With your experience, what sort of +/- offset should be be focusing in on? She's apparently going to have to get a new set of rear wheels and tires now. The two areas I told her she needs to worry about now are the outer/inner wheel wells towards the top and the distance in the negative offset direction from the leaf springs.

Thanks..
Troy