Quote:

[GF Automotive
202 Ryan Way
South San Francisco, CA 94080
(650) 952-8440

Just my $0.02...

Thank you for the referal but I use to go to them for a lot of stuff like that but they ripped me off so badly a few years ago i vowded to never use them again.

From time to time i would stop by and chat with the lady owner and one day I was in there and the she told me they were very slow, so i flet bad for them offered to let them install two under dash guages i bought. She told me at the most two hours labor at $100 an hour as no parts were needed. I agreed and when i came back to pick up the car the bill was over $700!! Just to put in two guages, i supplied even.

The mechenic who did the work appoligezed to me and said he could not control what his boss charges but he felt i was ripped off as well. I complained and she said i was not getting the car back ever untill i paid the $700 and if the car got messed up when i was disputing the bill it was not her fault. So i paid and told her i would do my best to let everyone know what a con job she pulled on me. That was my expernce with GF automotive.

I am hopeing as soon as i can get my back to heal enough to let me get under the dash i will attack the situation. I appericate all the good advice and one great idea was to bypass the dimmer circut and just go for all the time full bightness when the dash lights are on.

For anyone who as never had back issues it's incredible to discribe the excruciating pain that can be caused by lying in contored positions for more than a minute or two.