Quote:

Great vehicle design! BUT its poorly executed...

My last recent Mopar was a 2000 Grand Cherokee Ltd. with 4.7 V8. Loved the truck! Great design, good engine, very torquey especially with the 3.73 rear end. The HVAC system just sucked. I think I replaced just about every component in that system. Finally got rid of it in 08.

In general what I've noticed about Chrysler from back in the day to the present; at lot of the trim tabs and features that hold things together, inside and out, never last. Initial quality might be good, but the damn thing falls apart just after the warranty is up.

It is that which holds me back from buying a new Challenger...

.. also good call on the chally..my dad bought an 09 srt8 new and it looks like it was painted outside. my brothers jeep liberty .. the interior pretty much self destructed, and my moms jeep grand cherokee ac box had and still has all kinds of problems.

MY favorite blunder were the mini vans that had the fan controller on the frame rail...eventually they would go bad from being exposed to the elements and the elec fan would stop, then it was a matter of time before a tank on the radiator blew. when i was working in a shop a changed a bunch all had the same issue.