Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: B G Racing] #796386
09/13/10 09:37 AM
09/13/10 09:37 AM
SOUTH JERSEY
HEMIFRED Offline
master
HEMIFRED  Offline
master

SOUTH JERSEY
Quote:

Quote:

BG shows there are some of us who still value their reputation more than the dollar.

Exactly Fred,when we leave this world the only thing we leave behind is the record of our character and reputation.We follow the legesy of my son Curt's character.He had set the bar so high that if we can only try to be 1/2 the person he was we will succeed.We can only hope that we will be remembered with similar respect and reverence as Curt is even to this day.It will be 6 years next month since we lost Curt,October 13 2004.Curt's favorite words"racers helping racers".Many of you who knew Curt,understand what I'am trying to instill in others.

I have exactly the same philosophy about life but driven by different reasons.
It's the only way to play the game and leave a winner.

home of the
Sox and Martin Hemi Duster

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: HEMIFRED] #796387
09/13/10 10:06 AM
09/13/10 10:06 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BG shows there are some of us who still value their reputation more than the dollar.

Exactly Fred,when we leave this world the only thing we leave behind is the record of our character and reputation.We follow the legesy of my son Curt's character.He had set the bar so high that if we can only try to be 1/2 the person he was we will succeed.We can only hope that we will be remembered with similar respect and reverence as Curt is even to this day.It will be 6 years next month since we lost Curt,October 13 2004.Curt's favorite words"racers helping racers".Many of you who knew Curt,understand what I'am trying to instill in others.

I have exactly the same philosophy about life but driven by different reasons.
It's the only way to play the game and leave a winner.

Yeah,but if we all play well together,we are all winners and we all leave winners.

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Labratt] #796388
09/13/10 03:12 PM
09/13/10 03:12 PM
USA
B
BB Dart 69 Offline
BB Dart 69  Offline
B

USA
Quote:

"that's more than my buddy's got from Best"??? Another can of worms to open???

No, what im saying every body makes mistakes.If you want me to open the can i will

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: BB Dart 69] #796389
09/13/10 06:15 PM
09/13/10 06:15 PM
Clinton Twp... north of Deetro...
L
Labratt Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
Labratt  Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
L

Won't be the 1st time with them either! Trust me!

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: BB Dart 69] #796390
09/13/10 06:29 PM
09/13/10 06:29 PM
sing sing
U
unknown Offline
mopar
unknown  Offline
mopar
U

sing sing
Hmm, I would be very interested to know what was wrong with the first block that it would not circulate water??? World was not interested??? Then made MM buy another block, not exchange it.If thats the way it went down, shame on World. But on the other hand, I dont understand how MM would assembly that motor with out checking all clearances on the 2nd block, man thats disturbing. You would think they would have been telling the customer whats going on with all the delays. Hearing crap like this makes me really appreciate the engine shop that builds my engines.

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: unknown] #796391
09/13/10 07:15 PM
09/13/10 07:15 PM
Florida STAYcation
BeEtLeJuIcE ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
BeEtLeJuIcE !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Hearing crap like this makes me really appreciate the engine shop that builds my engines.

Makes me ...appreciate me-self ... with me building my own "junk".

I know THIS .. that when I lay-the-crank in-there ...and torque the mains ... that if I can not spin said crank with my pinky-finger ... that there are probs !

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: BB Dart 69] #796392
09/13/10 11:52 PM
09/13/10 11:52 PM
L
Labratt Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
Labratt  Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
L

Hey Mark..You can open that "can of worms" now! This post is starting to lose steam!

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Labratt] #796393
09/14/10 10:26 AM
09/14/10 10:26 AM
USA
B
BB Dart 69 Offline
BB Dart 69  Offline
B

USA
Quote:

Hey Mark..You can open that "can of worms" now! This post is starting to lose steam!

Looks like i dont need to [Poor Dave]

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: MuscleMike] #796394
09/15/10 05:43 PM
09/15/10 05:43 PM
Mopar Country
1BadMeepMeep Offline OP
1BadMeepMeep  Offline OP

Mopar Country
So- I haven't been back here in nearly a week. Initially, I was just giving myself a little cool down time after reading MuscleMike's 'response.' Then work, life and Monster Mopar Weekend came in, but I finally found time to get back to this thread.

Without further ado, on with the show...

Quote:

If it was as messed up as Mark says then I would have had a shpping company pick it up correct it and then sent it back no charge.

Quote:

I can't fix it if I don’t know about it.

Quote:

Next thing I know I get a bill for $5000. A lot of you out there I know are in business. Let me ask you a question: if you do something, and something goes wrong, you are responsible correct? But isn't the customers responsibility to bring it back to you to fix it?

Fact is, I gave MM the opportunity to do exactly that. I called MM the day after the disappointing dyno session here, and I was told by Eric to 'get the engine re-built to expectations, and send (him) a bill for any out-of-pocket expenses.' It was at this point that I had my guy go to work on it. I was a little pressed for time since my projected October completion by MM was delayed 4 extra months and we were attending Mopar’s at The Strip (which we did attend with the repaired/re-dyno’ed version of the Road Runner)

The total for the repair work was $4,849.50, and it included labor, machining, and parts to repair the motor. I faxed a letter explaining in detail everything above, as well as an itemized list of expenses.

After two weeks (and many phone calls) passed, I got a call from Eric. He told me he was putting a check in the mail for $3000 as 'good faith' money, claiming he and Mike would get together to work out the remaining balance of $1849.50.

I did receive the $3k check, but no other check ever appeared. Repeated phone calls to Muscle Motors always resulted in a myriad of excuses from Eric about Mike's unavailability. He was always gone, busy, on the phone, counting his money, etc.

I eventually tried to give Eric an out by suggesting that he utilize his status as an Indy dealer to apply the balance of $1849.50 as partial payment on a new pair of 440-1 heads from Indy. To restate that last sentence, I TRIED TO GET THEM TO TAKE MORE OF MY MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR THEIR POOR WORKMANSHIP. But again, several more calls resulted in the same song and dance. Eric continued to tell me that he and Mike could not find time to talk about my situation. Was Mike out of the country at this time? Perhaps in a coma? Possibly kidnapped? The truth may never be known.

Eric continued to give me insufficient and unsatisfactory answers until he finally got fed up, told me I wouldn't receive anything else, and stopped taking my calls. The last call I made was fielded by the Muscle Motors answering machine. I stated my case a final time, and hung up.

Quote:

I sent $3000 dollars in a effort to make it right but when you do not tell me you have major problems and then go somewhere else I don’t feel it is my obligation to pay someone else to do what we were responsible for.

I find it almost impossible to believe that after a total of over 50 phone calls, Eric had not/would not discuss any of the above with Mike. I, in good faith, notified Muscle Motors of the problems with my engine. Also in good faith, following Eric's directions, I rectified the situation locally and asked for recompense from MM. Despite numerous attempts, varied avenues, and a multitude of negotiations, pleadings and calls, I was kept wanting. The internet is evidently the only avenue I have left to find a reply of any type.

It's disappointing that I need to resort to airing a business matter such as this for the entire world to see, just to get a response. I guess that's just the world we live in today, though.

Thanks to all the guys on here voicing their opinion of the unfairness of the situation. It gives me hope that there are still some people in this business I haven’t met that aren’t out to rob me blind.

Re: - [Re: HPMike] #796395
09/15/10 05:47 PM
09/15/10 05:47 PM
Mopar Country
1BadMeepMeep Offline OP
1BadMeepMeep  Offline OP

Mopar Country
Quote:

How was the rotational torque tested? Valvetrain or not?

The 90 ft/lb breakaway torque was tested with full valvetrain, no plugs. The current version of the 572 measures just under 50 ft/lbs with full valvetrain, 26 ft/lbs for shortblock w/ cam.

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: 1BadMeepMeep] #796396
09/15/10 07:46 PM
09/15/10 07:46 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

So- I haven't been back here in nearly a week. Initially, I was just giving myself a little cool down time after reading MuscleMike's 'response.' Then work, life and Monster Mopar Weekend came in, but I finally found time to get back to this thread.

Without further ado, on with the show...

Quote:

If it was as messed up as Mark says then I would have had a shpping company pick it up correct it and then sent it back no charge.

Quote:

I can't fix it if I don’t know about it.

Quote:

Next thing I know I get a bill for $5000. A lot of you out there I know are in business. Let me ask you a question: if you do something, and something goes wrong, you are responsible correct? But isn't the customers responsibility to bring it back to you to fix it?

Fact is, I gave MM the opportunity to do exactly that. I called MM the day after the disappointing dyno session here, and I was told by Eric to 'get the engine re-built to expectations, and send (him) a bill for any out-of-pocket expenses.' It was at this point that I had my guy go to work on it. I was a little pressed for time since my projected October completion by MM was delayed 4 extra months and we were attending Mopar’s at The Strip (which we did attend with the repaired/re-dyno’ed version of the Road Runner)

The total for the repair work was $4,849.50, and it included labor, machining, and parts to repair the motor. I faxed a letter explaining in detail everything above, as well as an itemized list of expenses.

After two weeks (and many phone calls) passed, I got a call from Eric. He told me he was putting a check in the mail for $3000 as 'good faith' money, claiming he and Mike would get together to work out the remaining balance of $1849.50.

I did receive the $3k check, but no other check ever appeared. Repeated phone calls to Muscle Motors always resulted in a myriad of excuses from Eric about Mike's unavailability. He was always gone, busy, on the phone, counting his money, etc.

I eventually tried to give Eric an out by suggesting that he utilize his status as an Indy dealer to apply the balance of $1849.50 as partial payment on a new pair of 440-1 heads from Indy. To restate that last sentence, I TRIED TO GET THEM TO TAKE MORE OF MY MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR THEIR POOR WORKMANSHIP. But again, several more calls resulted in the same song and dance. Eric continued to tell me that he and Mike could not find time to talk about my situation. Was Mike out of the country at this time? Perhaps in a coma? Possibly kidnapped? The truth may never be known.

Eric continued to give me insufficient and unsatisfactory answers until he finally got fed up, told me I wouldn't receive anything else, and stopped taking my calls. The last call I made was fielded by the Muscle Motors answering machine. I stated my case a final time, and hung up.

Quote:

I sent $3000 dollars in a effort to make it right but when you do not tell me you have major problems and then go somewhere else I don’t feel it is my obligation to pay someone else to do what we were responsible for.

I find it almost impossible to believe that after a total of over 50 phone calls, Eric had not/would not discuss any of the above with Mike. I, in good faith, notified Muscle Motors of the problems with my engine. Also in good faith, following Eric's directions, I rectified the situation locally and asked for recompense from MM. Despite numerous attempts, varied avenues, and a multitude of negotiations, pleadings and calls, I was kept wanting. The internet is evidently the only avenue I have left to find a reply of any type.

It's disappointing that I need to resort to airing a business matter such as this for the entire world to see, just to get a response. I guess that's just the world we live in today, though.

Thanks to all the guys on here voicing their opinion of the unfairness of the situation. It gives me hope that there are still some people in this business I haven’t met that aren’t out to rob me blind.

wow sorry to hear that. really sad maybe small claims is your answer if they don't pay.

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Quicktree] #796397
09/15/10 08:22 PM
09/15/10 08:22 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
What`s really sad is that no one came back on here to make it right. Kinda like the local(or nationwide for that matter)auto shops that totally rip people off with the "one time customer" attitude thinking they`ll never see em again and rape em for all that they can. This could really damage Muscle Motors in my opinion and I`m not even sure there`s a solution at this point unless the original poster thinks so.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Thumperdart] #796398
09/15/10 08:54 PM
09/15/10 08:54 PM
ohio
H
HEMIDARTS Offline
master
HEMIDARTS  Offline
master
H

ohio
Thumper that is there "MM" Prerogative or there decision.

They are choosing to do people wrong, and not do anything about it.

Typing a couple words on here does not fix the problem.

Someone still got screwed and it sounds like more could get the same treatment.

I am a buisness man, and the customer is always right.

Even though sometimes i totally disagree, the customer is always right!

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: HEMIDARTS] #796399
09/15/10 10:05 PM
09/15/10 10:05 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

I guess the question is, how much is your reputation worth?

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Quicktree] #796400
09/15/10 10:07 PM
09/15/10 10:07 PM
ohio
H
HEMIDARTS Offline
master
HEMIDARTS  Offline
master
H

ohio
I can not speak for anyone else,

But my reputation is worth more than my life.

If people dont respect me and like me, then i dont have a reason to live.

I try hard to treat people the way i want to be treated.

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Quicktree] #796401
09/15/10 10:11 PM
09/15/10 10:11 PM
Sac, CA
M
mopowers Offline
master
mopowers  Offline
master
M

Sac, CA
I was considering having them build me a stroker shortblock when the time came. I even got one of their catalogs for that purpose... NOT ANYMORE!!!

I'm soooo glad I found this thread! Thanks Mark!

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: 1BadMeepMeep] #796402
09/15/10 10:35 PM
09/15/10 10:35 PM
iowa
wesw Offline
enthusiast
wesw  Offline
enthusiast

iowa
just thought i would let you know. Muscle Motors was a no show at monster mopar.i called them looking for a cam so we could make monster mopar. i'm still waiting for them to call me back. that's ok. chuck and pete at best machine took care of me and we made it to the race.

598 ci predator
Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: wesw] #796403
09/16/10 12:53 AM
09/16/10 12:53 AM
L
Labratt Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
Labratt  Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
L

This doesn't bode well for MM!!! They will lose a LOT of future business..just because of this ONE THREAD! It's a REAL shame!

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Labratt] #796404
09/16/10 05:25 AM
09/16/10 05:25 AM
Ohio, United States
W
Welderman Offline
Welderman  Offline
W

Ohio, United States
Good thing I checked out this thread. I was considering Muscle Motors for wifeys next street smallblock motor. We wont even consider them now. Whatever it takes to make it right with the customer is very good business ethics.

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Thumperdart] #796405
09/16/10 07:03 AM
09/16/10 07:03 AM
Melbourne.....Oz-land
Moparmal Offline
master
Moparmal  Offline
master

Melbourne.....Oz-land
Just as an independant reader - I am impressed with the OPs ability to leave the "bucks out of the discussion", except for detailing the facts as they panned out.

This could have been a real whine about money, but he's kept it to the point. For that reason alone, I reckon he has shown real class.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6