ohio
H
HEMIDARTS Offline
master
HEMIDARTS  Offline
master
H

ohio
Well said Bob.......... Very well said!!!

Re: - [Re: HEMIDARTS] #796367
09/11/10 08:05 PM
09/11/10 08:05 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Well said Bob.......... Very well said!!!

Thanks Matt,but your gonna be pissed at what Max did to your Arrow. He pooped in your seat and I'am not going to clean it up,you have to deal direct with him. He will show you what "customer service"really is.

Tony,I'am not, nor will I tell anyone how to run their business,I was just giving an example of a situation we found ourselves in, how we approached it and the outcome.And offererd a suggestion on how to treat a problem as well as steps to settle a dispute to an amicable resolution or just move on.It's just the same as recently a couple of members that I know here were having issues and I suggested that they resolve it quietly and quickly before it come to "the Judge Judys" on the internet.They both know what is needed to settle it,just one wants to drag it out.If he took my advice it will be over soon,if not I'am sure it will be on YB,B-Bodys and YB for public opinion which will only hurt the guy who is dragging his feet.This serves no purpose of any redeeming qualities.

Last edited by B G Racing; 09/11/10 08:20 PM.
Re: - [Re: Quicktree] #796368
09/11/10 08:13 PM
09/11/10 08:13 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Quote:

Quote:

Mistakes happen,the best resolution is a fast resolution,to drag the issue out only gives both sides a chance to get bitterly piss at each other and as it drags on and others get involved the situation only gets worse.If one of our racers or customers have a problem then we have a problem.We get involved and work through the problem together and usually can determine if we were at fault or they created the problem,either way we resolve the issue together and usually come to a amicable settlement to retain a positive relationship and move on.While I was recuperating in the hospital the guys at BGR stepped up keep the shop operating and help keep our commitments to our racers and customers.At that time we were having issues with bad lifters and hurt cams.As soon as I was able,Donny,Lou,Chaz,Curt Jr and I delt with everyones issues,correcting each on a personal level.We were able to get some warranty help and took all the problem engines down to bare blocks and started over correcting every issue including new rings,bearings,oil pumps,gasket and what ever else needed.There were a few engines that never left the shop and we didn't want to chance more problems and remove the cam and lifter and installed replacements.Every lifter that we replaced was disassembled and cleaned and checked before use.I was a tough time for all of us at BGR and costly.I can honestly say that everyone that had issues understood and I never handed a single one a bill for anything.The amasing thing was each person that had a problem came directly to me an insisted the that we accept some payment for our efforts and I know that some slipped the guys some cash on the way through the show.We humbled ourselves and servived the ordeal and have retained each and everyone as customers today.As always respect those who keep you in business and you will always have them knocking on your door.BGR's philosophy,"our customers become our friends,our friends become our family"
The best thing to do from here is for each party to step back,reflect,regain each respect and confidence and come to an amicable resolution or settleup and move on.Life is too short.

Bob can you pass this letter along to indy?

that was actually funny tony

Mopar Performance
Re: - [Re: B G Racing] #796369
09/11/10 08:17 PM
09/11/10 08:17 PM
NE Ohio
DoubleD Offline
top fuel
DoubleD  Offline
top fuel

NE Ohio
One disgruntled customer will cost you ten good customers - but that seems like times past. I was taught a mans word and his work are his honor - maybe that's why we have all the problems we have today - there are few honorable men left.

Re: - [Re: B G Racing] #796370
09/11/10 08:33 PM
09/11/10 08:33 PM
ohio
H
HEMIDARTS Offline
master
HEMIDARTS  Offline
master
H

ohio

Re: - [Re: DoubleD] #796371
09/11/10 08:52 PM
09/11/10 08:52 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

One disgruntled customer will cost you ten good customers - but that seems like times past. I was taught a mans word and his work are his honor - maybe that's why we have all the problems we have today - there are few honorable men left.

I would rather take a loss and correct the problem to the customers satisfaction,maintain the relationship,keep the customer and hope he respected me enough to to tell others of his positive experience.We have also seen people you can't please,we either won't do work for them or if we have a bad experience and can't satisfy them we just apologize and refund their money and move on.Our theory is "never get in a pissing match with a skunk,you can't win"It takes talking and listening on both partys to settle an issue.Remember,"conversation between people is an exchange of knowledge,argument is an exchange of ignorance.I think the issues were presented well,but the responce didn't address all the issues.I understand that it's ackward to respond with many people ready to comment,but it should have be settled before someone is left no recourse but to post it here.I hope they can reach a settlement,but doubt if it will be amicable at this juncture.Good luck to those involved.Respectfully Bob.

Re: - [Re: B G Racing] #796372
09/11/10 10:09 PM
09/11/10 10:09 PM
closer to Canadian beer!
torkrules Offline
I'm neurotic
torkrules  Offline
I'm neurotic

closer to Canadian beer!
Quote:

Quote:

I would rather take a loss and correct the problem to the customers satisfaction,maintain the relationship,keep the customer and hope he respected me enough to to tell others of his positive experience.We have also seen people you can't please,we either won't do work for them or if we have a bad experience and can't satisfy them we just apologize and refund their money and move on.Our theory is "never get in a pissing match with a skunk,you can't win"It takes talking and listening on both partys to settle an issue.Remember,"conversation between people is an exchange of knowledge,argument is an exchange of ignorance.I think the issues were presented well,but the responce didn't address all the issues.I understand that it's ackward to respond with many people ready to comment,but it should have be settled before someone is left no recourse but to post it here.I hope they can reach a settlement,but doubt if it will be amicable at this juncture.Good luck to those involved.Respectfully Bob.

I say "Bob G for President" (and I'm not even an American!)

Re: - [Re: moparniac] #796373
09/11/10 11:51 PM
09/11/10 11:51 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mistakes happen,the best resolution is a fast resolution,to drag the issue out only gives both sides a chance to get bitterly piss at each other and as it drags on and others get involved the situation only gets worse.If one of our racers or customers have a problem then we have a problem.We get involved and work through the problem together and usually can determine if we were at fault or they created the problem,either way we resolve the issue together and usually come to a amicable settlement to retain a positive relationship and move on.While I was recuperating in the hospital the guys at BGR stepped up keep the shop operating and help keep our commitments to our racers and customers.At that time we were having issues with bad lifters and hurt cams.As soon as I was able,Donny,Lou,Chaz,Curt Jr and I delt with everyones issues,correcting each on a personal level.We were able to get some warranty help and took all the problem engines down to bare blocks and started over correcting every issue including new rings,bearings,oil pumps,gasket and what ever else needed.There were a few engines that never left the shop and we didn't want to chance more problems and remove the cam and lifter and installed replacements.Every lifter that we replaced was disassembled and cleaned and checked before use.I was a tough time for all of us at BGR and costly.I can honestly say that everyone that had issues understood and I never handed a single one a bill for anything.The amasing thing was each person that had a problem came directly to me an insisted the that we accept some payment for our efforts and I know that some slipped the guys some cash on the way through the show.We humbled ourselves and servived the ordeal and have retained each and everyone as customers today.As always respect those who keep you in business and you will always have them knocking on your door.BGR's philosophy,"our customers become our friends,our friends become our family"
The best thing to do from here is for each party to step back,reflect,regain each respect and confidence and come to an amicable resolution or settleup and move on.Life is too short.

Bob can you pass this letter along to indy?

that was actually funny tony

thats all it was meant to be Wedgie

Re: - [Re: B G Racing] #796374
09/11/10 11:53 PM
09/11/10 11:53 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

thats the way a good business operates, but not all are like that....

Re: - [Re: Quicktree] #796375
09/12/10 02:32 AM
09/12/10 02:32 AM
SOUTH JERSEY
HEMIFRED Offline
master
HEMIFRED  Offline
master

SOUTH JERSEY
Hmm ? I wonder if my 588 BG is still in warentee

home of the
Sox and Martin Hemi Duster

Re: - [Re: HEMIFRED] #796376
09/12/10 07:30 AM
09/12/10 07:30 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Hmm ? I wonder if my 588 BG is still in warentee

Didn't you read the disclaimer:Warranty void if handled by wierdo,physco,perverted,demented and animal molesting types of people.So if you fall under any of these catagories,the answer is NO.

Re: - [Re: Quicktree] #796377
09/12/10 08:13 AM
09/12/10 08:13 AM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Quote:

I get that 9 Im changing my name again... I b getting some double adjustables out back soon

Mopar Performance
Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: MuscleMike] #796378
09/12/10 11:45 AM
09/12/10 11:45 AM
USA
B
BB Dart 69 Offline
BB Dart 69  Offline
B

USA
Quote:

We screwed up! No tap dance, no weak excuses.

The delay initally was block avaiblity, out of my control. The FIRST block we asssembled, and attemped to dyno has casting problems and would not circulate water. In the appearent rush (since we were dreadful late in delivery) the clearances in the second block machined, were assumed, screwed up, I don't know? Of course World/Mopar Performance never did anything about the useless block or the machining. We ate that, that's just life.

I don't know exactly what went wrong. Scott who does assembly is VERY thurogh and it is not like him but obviously we messed up.

There is no magic in Indy SR heads, no matter who, no matter how they will flow 350 CFM + or - depeding on who's bench. Marks heads had two really good ports but the shortside radius' were not all the same. Before I had Jeff @ modern run his program thru the heads six shortside radius' were as much as a .120 taller than the "good ports" . Short story long, the ports WERE NOT consistant. The equalized ports and bigger valves will help a bigger engine, this is why this work was preformed.

Initally we had sent the carbs out and had them done and appearnly what they did was incorrect. The engine did not run well with the 6 pak carbs we are responsible for so we tried a 1x4 and it ran makedly better. I told Mark Bastemeryer (the customer I dealt with)that I had the carbs modified, what we had done appearnlty didn't work so have your carb guy go thru them and send me a bill. He had his guy redo the carbs and I paid him the $700ish he asked for. He was then going to have the engine redynoed locally. I figured I would owe him for some dyno time and life would go forward.

Next thing I know i get a bill for $5000. A lot of you out there I know are in business. Let me ask you a question: if you do something, and something goes wrong, you are responsible correect? But isn't the customers responsiblitly to bring it back to you to fix it? Example: You don't buy a product from Home Depot, have problems, take it to Lowes to get it fixed and send home Depot the bill?? You take (or at least inform the original provider) there is a problem and let them decide what to do about it, correct?

I sent $3000 dollars in a effort to make it right but when you do not tell me you have major problems and then go somewhere else I dont feel it is my obligation to pay someone else to do what we were responsible for. If it was as messed up as Mark says then I would have had a shpping company pick it up correct it and then sent it back no charge.

Should it have been right to begin with, Yes! Did we screw up, it apears we did. But I will also say the sign of a good shop is one who takes care of a problem when there is one. I can't fix it if I dont know about it. And then send me a bill is not letting me know about it.

Mike @MM

thats more than than my buddies got from Best

Re: - [Re: moparniac] #796379
09/12/10 04:43 PM
09/12/10 04:43 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

I get that 9 Im changing my name again... I b getting some double adjustables out back soon

I wish you guys would quit changing your s/n it's hard enough to keep up with you anyway I am not sure you are who I think you are anyway

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: BB Dart 69] #796380
09/12/10 05:06 PM
09/12/10 05:06 PM
Clinton Twp... north of Deetro...
L
Labratt Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
Labratt  Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
L

"that's more than my buddy's got from Best"??? Another can of worms to open???

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Labratt] #796381
09/12/10 07:25 PM
09/12/10 07:25 PM
Answering the call of the wild
T
ThermoQuad Offline
top fuel
ThermoQuad  Offline
top fuel
T

Answering the call of the wild
I have an unfired 416/340 engine with MM parts in it-crank, rods, pistons. Even though it was built by one of the best I now have concerns about it because the response to this particular problem from MM Mike is well...poor...and leads me to question whether work I was charged [balancing] for was actually performed.

I would like to inform the epoxied hemi head engine builder who is lurking here that he needs to read and understand the excellent post by Bob George .

I have had a bunch of pm's about the epoxied head
The clock is ticking Mr. cracked/epoxied hemi head engine builder from michigan
Here is the proof:

In the lower right of the pic-that's coolant pushed thru the crack...nice work there...covered it with engine paint and called it glyptol-which is red.

Tick tock Dave. Here is your last chance before I let the cat out of the bag.

Last edited by Tom_Quad; 09/13/10 10:11 AM.
Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: ThermoQuad] #796382
09/12/10 09:02 PM
09/12/10 09:02 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

I have an unfired 416/340 engine with MM parts in it-crank, rods, pistons. Even though it was built by one of the best I now have concerns about it because the response to this particular problem from MM Mike is well...poor...and leads me to question whether work I was charged [balancing] for was actually performed.

I would like to inform the epoxied hemi head engine builder who is lurking here that he needs to read and understand the excellent post by Bob George .

I have had a bunch of pm's about the epoxied head
The clock is ticking Mr. cracked/epoxied hemi head engine builder from michigan
Here is the proof:

If that is the pushrod slot,we have successfully welded areas like that on both iron and aluminium heads and blocks.Epoxy is ok for none pressurized repairs,but if that is into the water jacket then it should be welded.

Also thanks for your comment.I'am not critizing anyone and hope everyone realizes we are just sharing our philosophy of how we deal with issues and hope others can apply them for similar results.As mentioned you can do a 100 great jobs and 1 bad one,100 people will know about the great work,but 1000s will here about that 1 bad one,especially with the internet.Another way to look at it is if you do 100 great jobs you should be able to take the hit and correct the bad one.Once you get a bad reputation those good jobs will be few and far between.Again I mean no disrespect to anyone,just offering suggestions on how to resolve issues.We need everyone in the Mopar world to work together to insure our sport will survive,and it will if we be considerate towards each other and "play it forward"

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: B G Racing] #796383
09/13/10 12:40 AM
09/13/10 12:40 AM
L
Labratt Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
Labratt  Offline
Good Ol Randy B!
L

Very well said, Mr. George! If these other "so-called" Professionals had that same philosophy,the world would be a much better place to live in! 3 cheers for BG!!! As for Mr. Epoxy..it'll bite em' in the butt one day..probably REAL SOON!

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: Labratt] #796384
09/13/10 03:00 AM
09/13/10 03:00 AM
SOUTH JERSEY
HEMIFRED Offline
master
HEMIFRED  Offline
master

SOUTH JERSEY
BG shows there are some of us who still value their reputation more than the dollar.

home of the
Sox and Martin Hemi Duster

Re: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten!" [Re: HEMIFRED] #796385
09/13/10 09:28 AM
09/13/10 09:28 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

BG shows there are some of us who still value their reputation more than the dollar.

Exactly Fred,when we leave this world the only thing we leave behind is the record of our character and reputation.We follow the legesy of my son Curt's character.He had set the bar so high that if we can only try to be 1/2 the person he was we will succeed.We can only hope that we will be remembered with similar respect and reverence as Curt is even to this day.It will be 6 years next month since we lost Curt,October 13 2004.Curt's favorite words"racers helping racers".Many of you who knew Curt,understand what I'am trying to instill in others.

Another thing to remember is most people don't praise good work that they pay good dollars for,they expect it.Good dollars for bad work is unacceptable and will always bite someone in the azz.Good work for good dollars no problem,good dollars for poor work,big problem.We have years of backlog in our judicial system because someone feels they were screwed.Then we have the radicals that get their revenge in other ways,(none good)

Last edited by B G Racing; 09/13/10 11:12 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6