Quote:

I remember seeing these kits on the shelves of Super Shops back in the day. How and where is the water injected? If its a "plate under the carb" system like some nitrous kits, I'm out. The distance between the air cleaner and the hood can be measured with a feeler guage. If it requires drilling a hole in the intake like a vacuum port, I'm listening........

The only thing that is needed is a small line and nozzle directed into the primary side of the carb normally through the top of the air cleaner.

SpearCo is the system I used(and I still have a couple of sets left!) ... but Edelbrock made one too. The GOOD systems meter the liquid THREE diff ways .... engine vaccum, engine RPM and the nozzle size.

I have not done any type of tweaking lately(not in years) ... but I did back in the day. I had a gasser-dually(400 motor) ... with a camper ...towing a 32 foot trailer ...and experimented with it then. It REALLY helped with power(OF COURSE not like NOS!), helped with MPG, allowed me to back-off to mid-grade fuel AND cleaned the motor up.

It is just like steam-cleaning ... just as an experiment - I swapped out a severely carboned-up spark plug for a good one .... and in 75-100 miles .. it was like new ....

I used to have a search on eBay for these systems ...and some of them went for cRaZy money. So some people still use them. I am going to use one on my motorhome project ...and am going to tune the whole combo with a wide-band O2.

I do not know how WI will affect that.