Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you guys are saying a low to mid 10 I must be missing something. I purchased a complete Indy motor 415 ci it has all the good stuff except for a full port on the heads it has a stage 1 port/matched gasketed intake and heads. Its a 3200 lb car from what I can figure, I run a cope 904 5000 stahl on a 28 x 10 slick, 456 rear gear best is 10.82.

Now I think i have been going wrong with the front of the car I have now a really good front end alignment and have taken about 30 lbs out of the car this winter. I want another 30 or 40 out buy spring.

So where am I going wrong and my sixtys are real good and consistant?? Not to hijack but not sure where I am going wrong.

but his motor is like my brothers setup and his is a 11.30 all day any day car very cosistant.

let me know what you think and your results

I would say you should pick up alot if you have the heads pro ported.
No presonal experience but the indy heads dont flow much out of the box.

I agree !! I had the heads on a flowbench to see how they would do in stock form, here are the numbers:

.100 ---
.200 77 cfm
.300 155 cfm
.400 222 cfm
.500 266 cfm
.600 279 cfm
.700 267 cfm

Flow a low lift really sucks, a race job will do big difference, the intake valve is way too close to the chamber wall to allow flow, like only half of the valve is working, it really needs to be open to get decent torque and flow at low lift,
Anyway, that is what I observed........

Ok ok !! I will get a higher stall converter loll

If I buy Caltrac, can I keep my brand new OEM leafs ?

Dan

here's the deal, if you are going to keep the small slick going with a higher stall converter will make it harder to hook the small tire I believe. I thought I read the heads had a race port job? no you need to go with caltrac spring. sell the oem springs, I would. and a good set of shocks will help.