Quote:

Quote:

The performance of those cams DO NOT relate to his CAR WEIGHT!! Look, I'm not knocking the newer cams, but you fail to realize that WEIGHT effects the perfomance.

How do the cams NOT relate to car weight??? Look at the torque #s the RB cam put up.

I think you are not seeing my problem with some of the comments on this thread,and most other cam threads. To make the statement that "this cam, or that cam sucks, is out dated, is a SHi445 pos, etc", is totally ridicoulous.

As you said its all in the combination......I agree that most cam related problems are due to other issues, (compression, converter, advance curve, tuning, etc)

But, as in forphorty's case (whose car is no lighweight, 3600 and change I believe) if I asked 100 people what his car runs with no compression, 3.23s, very little headwork, and a high mileage motor to boot, most generally the answer would be "That cam is too big, it will be a flippin hound" or something along those lines.

Too many blanket statements thrown out on this board that are at best half true.

No, there are NO blanket statements here, just the human nature of each individual who HAS a certain combo on their thinking it's the best.
Not all MOPARS that rolled off the line are 100%
exactly alike!! They vary in weight, trim packages, body styles, engine/drivetrain, etc. So the thought of one cam fits several combos is seldom and for the combo to run alike is far and few, unless they are 100% "clones".

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)