Hello everyone! I am new to the Mopar community. I grew up peeking over the dashes of challengers and roadrunners (My Dad still has a #'s matching 1968 Hemi RR, 383 RR, and 69 Cuda), but have spent the last 10 years of my life restoring Toyota Land Cruisers. About 4 years ago I ran into Betty, and this is what she looked like the day I brought her home:
I had just brought her home (Mrs. Maddox was NOT happy) - previous owner used CHEAP primer which hid bondo over 1/2" thick!!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly what I said.....what the heck is it? Notice the cowling was cut in half.
Good news - it was indeed all #'s mathing 1970 Plymouth RoadRunner, customer ordered. N96 air grabber hood, rare citron poly mist color, 4 speed, and all the cool fixins. (I thought) This is probably as common as a honda accord talking to you guys...

It was for sale BECAUSE the current owner:

1. Destroyed the restoration process. There were parts, bolts, pieces, trim, everywhere. Nothing was labled.
2. He had the engine rebuilt by a nationally known engine builder, it was 1/2 way through the build process and couldn't pay the bill on the work done. (So the engine was being held hostage).
3. No room, bills, money, the usual things we can run into.

It was rusty - luckily not the fenders, but it was rusty - wrecked (slid into a guard rail), and torn to pieces.

I started by cutting the cowling out of a donor car (along with the driver floor) and solving those problems:

Previous owner also hacked out a strange diamond-like shape hole here:
[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/cinez/IMG_4103.jpg[/IMG
This project was not overwhelming at all....

Then I had to get busy with the engine. I paid off the engine builder and had him complete it. Keith Black pistons, slightly aggressive cam, MSD ignition, and a few other hidden goodies. I also had him dyno it and run it in for an additional fee.
After it was completed, it was ready too install, timing set, 405 hp, 410 ft. lbs of torque:

After that 5,000 bill - I moved back onto the body, welding in a new trunk and finishing the floors. (I have restored 13 Land Cruisers and have done LOTS of sheet metal work) What can't an angle grinder and a wire feed welder fix in the auto body world?

Breakfast in......the trunk.

Ready for the new trunk floor:

After steel was in, I used:

New trunk primered and sealed:

More floor work:

Now - to take the entire body down to steel....by hand.

I had to cut out the bottom of the rear driver:

. . .the trunk had a JC Whitney "wing" on it.....no wing came on this one. So I welded shut the holes and fixed the trunk.

While waiting for other supplies, a friend of mine has a contact at Boyd Coddington (Welcome to Boyd Coddington Wheels) and have them custom make me some wheels.
PLEASE don't cringe. I know these aren't ralley's or any OEM wheel, I just have an idea here if it doesn't work, I'll change them back to OEM.
Front: 17x7 (BFG 215x40x17)
Rear 18X12 (Hoosier D.O.T. drag radials 315.30.18)
It took Boyd Coddington 6 months to deliver these custom made wheels:

They look beautiful....but this is all the peaking you get for now.
More fine hand work:

POR 15 the enderside and 1st coat of primer....

Using light coats of filler on the huge Plymouth fenders to make it perfect. . .

Final primer

FINALLY....seeing some of that lushious FY4 Citron Poly Mist
Just after jambing the car....

Engine bay:

Interior jambed:

Exterior of the doors and fenders:

Body exterior, hood and trunk are next....