I recall restoring my first land cruiser. Wrong colors here and there, incorrect year pieces, etc.. It took me a good 2-3 cruisers to be able to restore them accurately. I am even working as we speak on a 1981 BJ42, which is a diesel 40 series. Never sold in the USA. So, I have to source parts from Canada primarily as well as Australia and New Zealand. Very difficult.

With that being said, I know that in many respects I am f'ing this RoadRunner up. However, I am fixing all of the bits mentioned the best I can. I'll never sell this car. Maybe even in 10-15 years I'll tear it down and do it again after I have learned more.

Sometimes I regret posting projects because the negative feedback outweighs the positive.

Anyhow, little by little I have removed the nuts holding the heater on as well as the wiper motor and they are now the requested anodized gold or whatever it was.

Same with the shock mount tower bushings, removed, repainted the well top, and installed a new bushing. I'll do the same with the clutch boot as well as the inner fender filler pieces up front.

Sorry this isn't concourse, but in my eyes it is, and I'm having fun.

-dallas