Quote:

Quote:

Very cool & your build has me thinking of changing my desire to procharge my 68 383 formula S, to twin turbo. But I'm concerned about the high underhood temps the turbo generates. How do you prevent the extreme heat from cracking your hood paint, since its so close to the hood? The turbo on my 99 Eclipse GST gets pretty hot, but its location isn't so close to the hood as yours. I like the idea of a turbo producing max torque sooner in the rev band & getting better mileage than the procharger.

All the hotside piping will be coated with VHT and then wrapped with DEI kevlar header wrap with a good coat of their black spray silicone.
I will only wrap the first 2 feet of the 5" DP just to keep those temps out too. You thinking twins, go over to FABO's site and and look at MadDart's twin turbo Dart build. He's done a great job with the attention to detail. LONG read though but thorough!!
Going twins will make it easy for the hotside since all you need is a log style like the driverside on my setup for both on yours. I thought about twins but that was twice the price and I am on a "Strict" budget.

I will also add the hood insulation to protect the paint.

Thanks for the info & I'll check out maddart's post. know Ceramic coating & thermal barrier coating really reduces temps & when I had Ram Proline do my hemi's exhaust, it cooled the underside of my chally pretty well. I'll also friction coat the piston skirts & maybe thermal coat the tops & chambers, as I hear that really reduces detonation. Thanks for the great info. Buzz.