Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Saving grace - 9 propective buyers out of 10 would not know about chrome breather, black out, bezel paint, R/T emblem alignment etc. etc etc.

Very true. But what will the opinion of the buyer be toward YOU and your work when the new owner takes this car to their first cruise in or car show and run into that 1 out of 10 person that points out these things? Will they think highly of you and the 'restored' car they purchased? Doing the small things correctly when it is time and cost efficent to do them go a long way.

RE detail pictures. This car was intended to be a driver so I understand compromises were made. Certain details may have been intentionally omitted or added after the pictures were taken. (for example various stickers) There were variations between plants on certain things that may or may not appear on this specific car. If you don't know those variations going in or they are not apparent on the car, researching the details takes time and money and add little overall value. Certain details do become cost prohibitive if you are trying to make a profit and don't make sense on a driver.

Things like the shifter handle are a personal choice and the "T" handle is very period correct and a common personalization made by owners. This is no big deal to me because it's easily changed if the owner wants to.

I can't tell for sure but it looks like you did not install a fuel vapor separator and I presume the return line. Again, small details that add to the restoration cost and detract from the profit but this is 'one of those things' specific to this model that add up after a while. Would it matter to most people this is missing? Probably not but it would to some.

It appears to be a nice car from the pictures. It's certainly a desireable car but I'd be that 1 in 10 guy that would be willing to pay a little more for more items that were 'correct'. It shows me the shop took their time to do it as right as possible given the parameters they had to work with.

Finally a response from someone that can give information/opinions without the derogatory remarks,criricism and name calling.

Refreshing, clear and thoughtful comments. Changed my mind on few things.

70 Road Runner 528 HEMI 4sp FY1 70 Road Runner 440+6 V-Code AG 4spd EV2 69 R/T 4 Spd Dana 3:54 AG Vert B5 69 R/T 4 Spd Dana 3:54 AG X9 V1X V8R-WORKING 69 R/T Auto/Console 8.75 SG Vert R/T B3 08 Challenger 1st Edition Hemi Orange 69 Super Bee 4 Spd 8.75 SG AG F8