Quote:

Or maybe just let the car rot in a field somewhere. Cause everyone wants 100 point mega buck car.

No..I'd love to have a nicely done driver quality four speed R/T. It's just that the little things do make a difference and when you look at what could have been done very easily with little time or effort, and wasn't done, it makes you wonder about the quality of work on other things. For example, a chrome breather cap is a distinctive detail, easy to get and doesn't cost that much. Since it wasn't swapped, it's a glaring detail that sticks out. Luckily, this is an easy thing for the new owner to fix.

Painting the bezels around the stripe wouldn't have taken that much more time or effort to do right the first time. Since they weren't painted, it's a glaring detail that sticks out. This could be fixed by the buyer but why should they have to?

Emblems and a stripe? The body color through the stripe is a detail I love about the 69 R/T. the emblem on a stripe delete car is not centered above the bezel.

The same is true for the black out behind the grille. It wouldn't have taken that long to shoot the support black. Again, this could be done by the new owner but why should they have to go back in and do it? It would have been so much easier to do when you had things apart.

There are some other small things that could have been done differently and no one item is a deal breaker for a nice driver but things like this do add up to a guy like me. It makes me go...hmmmm....if they didn't take the time to do the little stuff, did they really take the time to do the big more expensive things like the engine, tranny, rear, body work, etc, correctly? Getting some of the details right, and they do not have to be to 100 point specs for a car like this, do pique interest and add value to a sale.

And, yes, you should save every 69 Coronet R/T you find rotting in a field.

Last edited by 69CoronetRT; 12/17/10 11:35 PM.