Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's a 350HP motor , the 02502 doesn't look like a factory stamping , probably a number added by shop that rebuilt it .

How do you know it has a forged crank ?

The thickness of the balancer?
If it is HP why no HP stamp?

Ok you are ASSUMING it has a forged crank. I'm pretty sure there is a thread here somewhere where a member bought a 69 440 that was done by a mass rebuilder of sorts ... it has a CAST CRANK .

HP means HORSE POWER , that is NOT a 440 375 Horsepower engine block , what it is NOW is anyones guess. I assume you bought it as it sits ????

Why isn't there 5 replies with a picture of a car that has nothing to do with your question

It was a high performance motor when produced or it was not or you cannot tell from the stampings? That was my compound question. Oh ok -- it is 350 horse power engine... dah
Can you tell if it is a steel crank by the balancer?

You obviously have a VERY LIMITED Mopar background ?

The 1968 440 came in 2 flavors , the LOW PERFORMANCE 350HP version , which that engine started life as and why it does NOT have the HP stamp on the pad and the HIGH PERFORMANCE 375HP version , which that is NOT .

Can you tell what crank it has by looking at the balancer ? Technically NO , unless one were superman and had X-Ray vision. You will have to pull the pan to be sure , BUT if that was in one of your cars and ran ok with no funny cyclic vibrations then it would be safe to ASSuME that it has a forged crank .

Obviously, the reason for the thread professor.
Thank you for the precise info on 68 440's

So...drop the pan and forged crank will look different in what way? thanks

70 Road Runner 528 HEMI 4sp FY1 70 Road Runner 440+6 V-Code AG 4spd EV2 69 R/T 4 Spd Dana 3:54 AG Vert B5 69 R/T 4 Spd Dana 3:54 AG X9 V1X V8R-WORKING 69 R/T Auto/Console 8.75 SG Vert R/T B3 08 Challenger 1st Edition Hemi Orange 69 Super Bee 4 Spd 8.75 SG AG F8