I got a ticket in Kalifornika last year for over length and not having a CDL, the rig I drive is 89'. The cop told me he had just come from cop schooling on this sort of thing. He was going to cite me for the bridge law also because it did not have a fifth wheel until I showed him and explained to him what a Binkley mini-fifth wheel was all about. He made me help him measure it anyway. Since I was heading out of state he called back to dispatch and talked with the officer on duty explaining how big I was and how they could tow me. They finally decided to let me finish the drive and don't ever come back! Tickets cost $295.00.... I only got ticketed because of the lack of a CDL and the rig was licensed as a motorhome. He said if I had the proper apportioned plate I could be any length I want. That is the biggest issue, why can't states get together and set a standard? In PA it is 85', most states it is 75', and a few don't care. Most require permits. Florida has never stopped me but sure has looked hard at me a few times.

6350148-IM000698.JPG (86 downloads)
Last edited by Rhinodart; 12/10/10 11:19 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!