Ya'll do know all the base laws are in the US Code.

They are Federal Laws and like any Federal Law the states can only add to not take away from.

I knew about the over length, overweight (26000+) and CDL for doing interstate commerce laws and I'm not even a heavy hauler.

Been looking at trying to find a gooseneck that is under 10kLb GVWR so I can pull my car with my dually.

The CDL requirement is the biggest part that needs to be cleared up. It states that you only need a CDL to do Interstate Commerce.

A few states like Texas you can still get a class-C (over 26000lb) license without having a CDL.

Just that many states choice to do only a CDL because for all the Hassle even on their end it's easier to do that and charge more for a CDL and be done with you.

Another thing is if you are driving under CDL rules aren't you suppose to also be driving under someone's ICC authority???

Whining to SEMA and NHRA isn't going to get you much. Bitching to you senate and congress representatives ate the Federal and State level is where you need to go. A nice formally written out letter dropped off in person at there nearest Office in your district (and the all have at least 1; one of mine has 3 in our district). That really get their attention because you took the time and effort and they know your watching them.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/usc.cgi?ACTION=BROWSE&TITLE=49USCSVI&PDFS=YES

Read Chapter 311 through 315.

The biggest problem is the non-understanding and no clear definition of Interstate Commerce.