It is an issue that needs to be taken up by SEMA and NHRA IMO. BTW I know that you are aware but just having the CDL is not enough if oyu are over length, you will need the permit for that. Oh yeah and then if you dont the fine is even larger when you get stopped. It is simply a money grab IMO on states parts to collect this money. The laws are very vague on the subject but most do say motorhomes are exempt. In fact in Nevada when you call about the fuel permit and them tell them oyu ahve a motorhome and what you are doing they will tell you that you are not required to get the permits. That dont help any when the trooper stops you though. BS if you ask me.

OH yeah try showing up to take the skills portion of the CDL with a motorhome BTW there is an exemption in CA for motorhomes and CDL. AS long as you are not towing for compensation you are not required to have one, THAT is the stickler here What do they consider towing for compensation. I know of someone who beat the non CDL ticket on that point. The rest overlength still stuck.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"