I wasn’t going to post but I had a little bit of luck making power with -1’s. My -1 engine went 169+ mph at 2470 lbs NA (never dyno’d so do the math), BUT my cam specs wouldn’t help 98% of the -1 users as it was way under headed. I spec’d it to maximize MY combination, it did have more duration than has been posted and the lift wasn’t as extreme as some have posted.

The cam is the single most important part of your engine and should be designed to give the maximum amount of air/fuel that YOUR engine/car needs and at the proper time. What everyone else is using is useless. Port volume, flow, cu in, intake, exhaust, compression ratio to make max dyno HP or torque. Then throw in car variables for best ET, weight, trans, converter, rearend, etc. Is the engine over or under headed? Don't be afraid to change lobe profiles with the same duration either.

Last one I had done the grinder didn’t like my spec’s and had something better. Lost .15 and 3mph, had one ground to what I thought and got back the .15 + .1 and the 3mph + 4 more. Was I lucky? Probably but you know the old saying “an engine is just an air pump” think about your combo and how to get the air through it (don’t forget it has to come out also) and go from there. LSA and ICL are VERY important to the complete combination. Just be careful of the broad internet statements, they like xxx duration, xxx lift, split, etc as they may or may not be true with your combination.