Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't see any reason to use 2 relays. I use one and wire it in at the dimmer switch. No wire cutting and it is hidden under the carpet and left kick panel.

Please explain how you wire one relay in to do the job?

The green wire from the light switch turns on the relay for the direct current path from the battery.I run a hot wire from the starter relay.Wire it back to the dimmer switch and the current takes its normal route to the headlamps.Eliminating any current for the headlamps traveling through the AMP Gauge.

I see what you are doing. Running the load through the ammeter is just part of the problem. The way you are doing it you still can have voltage loss at the dimmer switch and connector as well as the bulkhead. The correct way is to use 2 relays for both high and low beams and bypass all the inherent weak areas the cars are known for.

I've never had any problem with the wiring past the light switch on these old cars. It is always the bulkhead-amp gauge-switch.

You are lucky. I have repaired many dimmer switch connectors and bulkheads were the high and low pass through. The dual relay is a true fix.