Quote:

I don't see any reason to use 2 relays. I use one and wire it in at the dimmer switch. No wire cutting and it is hidden under the carpet and left kick panel.

you can do that but you defeat the purpose of the relay in the first place, unless you run a heavy wire from the batt to the relay, but that would also give you a false reading on the amp meter...

The way i did it, was if you look right next to the battery, there is a connector for the forward harness, you can just use crimp on connectors and make your own intermediate harness and wire it to the relay. Run wires from the battery, and you can locate the relays under the battery if you want it hidden. i just put mine on the top. you'll have to wire in jumpers for the parking lights, and directional wires, the good thing about doing it this way is you don't cut/alter any wire harnesses, you can simply remove the jumpers/wires you made and plug the factory connector back together. But keep in mind, your amp gauge on the dash (stock) will give you a false reading when the headlights are on from back feeding the amp gauge. I found that putting the relays in made a HUGE difference, all that factory wiring had alot of resistance due to age and that the gauge of the wire in the first place was too thin/marginal. In the stock setup my headlights pulled 24amps, with the relays, 11amps. What a huge difference, and a huge load off the stock electrical system, and no more dimming of the headlights at idle.....next up is the tail lights.....they pull ALOT on a 69 charger with 4 1157's and 2 single element bulbs (running lights).....about 15amps!!!!