Quote:

I went to Pull-A-Part here in Nashville today. It appears that ALL vans have the same lower control arm. I looked at two half ton vans and the lower control arms looked the same as the ones in the 3/4 ton and ton vans. Does this sound right?

I also wasn't able to break lower control arm loose from the steering knuckle in the junkyard. I asked if they could do it for a fee and they won't. Maybe I can find some loose somewhere. Do any of you guys have a pair for sale?

Kevin on breaking the arm loose from the knuckle I couldn't on mine either, I took out the two bolts that hold the lower part of the knuckle to the upper part, if my memory is right it takes a 15/16" socket and wrench to get these loose, this is the part that the lower ball joint goes through and just bought them that way. Then when I got them home I was able to seperate the ball joint from that lower part of the knuckle. As far as I know on your question about 1/2 ton vans. I'm pretty sure as long as they have the spring pocket in the arm they are the same. Hope this helps you. See ya at the Music City show.

77 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd SWB
78 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd Utiline
90 Dodge D150 SWB 2wd 318fi 4speed
60 Desoto Adventurer 2dr
67 Dodge Dart Gt Conv. 273 4bbl
04 PT Cruiser GT Turbo
14 Ram R/T
"Life's to short to drink cheap beer."