Quote:

Quote:

Hey Larry I used stock shocks when I did mine I think I'm going to change them to something a little stronger....What did you use? The same on the back. The Truck is good on semi smooth road but a bear on those bad roads.

Hey Terry,
I only changed the front shocks because I had the old ones out and they looked like the originals. I just used a stock replacement shock for it. The rears had been changed at some point and time. I'll have to drive it more to see how the ride is after I get it aligned on Thursday. so far I really don't see that much diffence in ride quality. On the front shocks changing the arms really didn't shorten the shock travel because the mounting point for the shock is lowered as well. So I wouldn't think changing the shock to a differnt shock on the front would help. Maybe cutting down the rubber bump stop. Now on the rear thats a diffenrt story. By lowering the truck it has shortened that shocks travel and it could be bottoming out. I am just going to drive it and see. If it feels harsh as far as bumps that it may be bottoming the shock out, I'll find a shorter shock for the rear. Maybe my roads are just smoother than your's Terry

I'm sure your roads are better than ours
I cut the bump stops off of mine when I first lowered mine, no issue so far (over 5 Years) you might be right about the back shocks bottoming out ,I'll check too