Well… It is apart and at Pfeiffers Engine Specialties in Freeport, IL. There are two spun mains, the cam bearings are totally destroyed and 7 flat lobes on the cam. The bearing clearances appear too tight and the rings are too loose. Both the block and crank are salvageable. I will be switching to a solid roller cam if I can locate lifters that will survive on the street. Also the pistons are hitting the heads and will need some milling to clearance them. Steve Pfeiffer says he does NOT see signs that it ran out of oil.

I just changed oil on my Road Runner’s 451 and am seeing similar issues. The filter has silver metal in it as opposed to the gold I saw in the Hemi’s filter. The drain plug has fine filings stuck to it and the oil is turning black in just a very few miles. However I don’t detect the burnt smell in the oil that was evident in the Hemi and I still have good oil pressure. At least this is a roller cam engine so I don’t have to worry about the cam going flat. Here we go again!