Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Keep the old 75-80 photos coming!!! You guys remember the Solomon Shaker??? How about Luke Duke's turbo Cuda? Only guy I ever saw break down his street tires and mount slicks in the pits!! He carried a portable bead breaker with him to the track!!!

Luke Duke, have not seen that car in a long time. That guy was ahead of his time with the turbo stuff. I saw that car go 10.30's at over 130. It was a 340 with a homemade turbo setup on it, way before the turbo stuff started getting popular.I actually tried to give a set of wheels and tires for his car so he wouldn't have to break down his every time at the track, but he wouldn't take them. Said he liked breaking down the slicks at the track. Wonder whatever happened to that car?

It's a 360 now but looks the same, he still drives it from time to time. I see him run up and down Route 28 from time to time. That car is a death trap and he's either crazy or a super genious. He used junk yard parks and a 3.23 gear and ran 10's. You blow him out of the gate then he'd come flying by you at the 1/8

Yea i remember "Luke Duke"....i used to be amazed by that car especially when i would see him at Capitol breaking the tires down and then run 10's with the tools and tires in the back seat...that tells you something when he would drive the car over an hour to the tracks, Mason dixon, Capital, and 75-80 break the tires down race brackets and drive home.......That is the car that got me into the whole turbo thing and i too run .23's and can drive my truck everywhere....Anyhow weird fellow, but nice guy...im not that old and i met him before i could drive and would talk to me and take the time to explain stuff to me....

78 Adventurer 150small block turbo'd 360w/Borg S475....smoke'em