The last day it was open was the day after the Mopar meet at MIR in 2005. A lot of people were going up for it. Never raced there, I was hoping to since it is about 60-90 minutes from my house. Yeah, it was a pit, but it was a track! It is very sad to see that. I think they used to have a Mopar show/race every year on fathers day. I called them about it about 5 years ago and they said "oh yeah, not sure why we didn't schedule it last year, I will get back with you" then
never heard back.

I was told it was going to be turned into condos, but heard another story that the land wouldn't perk, or there was a utility easement issue or something. The way home sales are doing these days, it is much better off being a race track!

They had a pretty full schedule every year and had a lot events with some of the big boys up there doing exhibitions. I am hopeful that someone will pick up the ball and run...too many tracks going away which of course puts more racing back on the streets which is never a good thing especially these days!