Quote:

I used to work with Ron Wilcom, one of the owners sons. He said his dad was totally burned out from running the place for so many years. His dad worked like every weekend for like 40 years or something crazy like that. No one else in the family wanted to run it and he didn't want to hire someone to run it. So he shut it down. I haven't talked to Ron in a few years but I believe the Wilcoms still own all the property and its not for sale. They also own a lot of property that surrounds the drag strip too.

Really sad to see it shut down because I would get there in less then an hour from where I live.

This is the truth. I talked to Bill the last day the track was open. Truely a sad day for me. Bill was pumping gas and I asked how come you are closing? You are always packed. He said this is why.... I can't get any help. I guess when the owner of the track is pumping gas on the last day his track is open that says something. Shame. My dad and his freinds raced there, I raced there I was hoping my son could too. Not sure if it's for sale but I could find out. I would gladly front some cash to re-open it. Say what you want, it was fun.